We are seeking a highly motivated Senior R&D Engineer with the following background and experience to join our core R&D team:
- Systems engineering or product development, preferably in medical technology or a related engineering field.
- Experience in optical systems design
- Experience in developing and working with hardware prototypes, including CAD and prototype manufacturing
- Experience/knowledge in some of the following fields and technologies: optical simulation, electronics, biosignals / electrophysiology (ERG, EEG, EMG, ECG), signal processing, data analysis, software development, computer vision, medical device usability, intellectual property, biocompatibility.
- We do not expect you to master all these currently, but rather expect to see willingness and capability to learn and adapt.
Job Description / Responsibilities
You will participate hands on in the development of our next generation ophthalmic products and ensure that they meet regulatory and customer requirements. Your responsibilities will cover the entire design and development process, including conceptual design, prototyping, testing, validation, and product implementation.
You will conduct feasibility studies and design optimization to improve the effectiveness and safety of our technology and conduct experiments and analyze data to optimize the performance of the treatment device.
You will work in close contact with our CTO and the rest of the R&D team. With the supporting team, you will ensure that our R&D projects achieve the objectives required to meet quality, regulatory, customer, and business needs as well as compliance with medical standards.
Part of the key R&D activities are conducted inhouse, but we also work with external partner companies and networks. Our team is located in Terkko Health Hub, Meilahti, Helsinki.
- A degree in Photonics, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, or Life Science Technologies, or equivalent knowledge.
- Experience in developing complex engineering products that include software and hardware.
- Product development experience in a highly regulated industry, such as medical devices
- Strong understanding of optics and engineering principles
- Demonstrated engineering curiosity and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in writing technical English
What We Offer
- Work towards a meaningful goal: Our mission is to prevent blindness and improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
- Join a dynamic and passionate team as an early member of Maculaser’s growth story.
- Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits, including participation in our annual stock option programs.
- Develop your skills and knowledge working with cutting-edge technologies.
Please apply by sending your CV and brief description of your qualifications for the open position to jani.tirronen [at] maculaser.com
For further information please contact:
CEO Jani Tirronen