Full-time · Mid-level
Maculaser is a clinical phase startup company that develops novel medical technology to prevent blindness. Our mission is to be the first provider of safe and effective laser treatment for macular disorders, which affect millions of people worldwide.
Our roots are deeply in science and technology. Personalization of ophthalmic laser therapies with our technology to measure the temperature of the treated area constitutes the core of our innovation. The targeted diseases include diabetic macular edema and age-related macular degeneration; we are well financed to move towards the next clinical trials and commercialization of our technology.
Job description / Overview
We are seeking a highly motivated Optical Engineer with the following background and experience to join our core R&D team:
- Experience in optical systems design.
- Systems engineering or product development, preferably in medical technology or a related engineering field.
- Experience in developing and working with hardware prototypes.
Job Description / Responsibilities
You will participate hands on in the development of our next-generation ophthalmic products and ensure that they meet regulatory and customer requirements. Your responsibilities will cover the entire design and development process, including conceptual design, prototyping, testing, validation, and product implementation. You will conduct feasibility studies and design optimization to improve the effectiveness and safety of the technologies used in our treatment devices.
Although your primary responsibilities are optics-related, you need to take into account how the optical systems interact with other parts of our products (e.g., electronics, biosignal recording, signal processing, data analysis, and software).
You will work in close contact with our CTO and the rest of the R&D team. With the supporting team, you will ensure that our R&D projects achieve the objectives required to meet quality, regulatory, customer, and business needs as well as compliance with medical standards.
Part of the key R&D activities are conducted inhouse, but we also work with external partner companies and networks. Our team is located in Terkko Health Hub, Meilahti, Helsinki.
- A degree in Photonics, Biomedical Engineering, Engineering Physics, or Life Science Technologies, or equivalent knowledge.
- Strong understanding of optics and engineering principles.
- Experience in developing complex engineering products that include software and hardware.
- Product development experience in a highly regulated industry, such as medical devices.
- Demonstrated engineering curiosity and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter and quick learner.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Proficiency in writing technical English.
What We Offer
Work towards a meaningful goal: Our mission is to prevent blindness and improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
Join a dynamic and passionate team as an early member of Maculaser’s growth story.
Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits, including participation in our annual stock option programs.
Develop your skills and knowledge working with cutting-edge technologies.
Please apply by August 2, 2023, by sending your CV to email@example.com
For further information please contact:
CEO Jani Tirronen